GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) & PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation) Compliance for data held by UKHA
Updated May 2018
UKHA is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please read this GDPR & PECR policy carefully, so that you can see why and how we collect data from you, and how it is used by us.
We hold our EU members data and the data of personnel within companies who have expressed an interest in, or been a member of the UKHA. We collect this data through your enquiries and submissions regarding membership or events, or if one of our committee members have met you in person and exchanged business contact details.
We endeavour to hold only the data we require to contact our members and manage their memberships, including potential members or suppliers: name, company name & address, company email, main company telephone number and work mobile, plus any information you have supplied to make our communication with you more tailored to your needs.
Contact data is stored on our website (which is hosted and monitored at Heart Internet with a current SSL certificate), on a secure server for email marketing purposes with Campaign Monitor. Plus committee members' PCs and mobiles.
We are committed to complying with the current data protection laws including GDPR & PECR only processing that data for the purposes made clear below:
- We will NEVER share or sell your data to any 3rd parties
- We do NOT buy, or use lists from 3rd parties, regardless of the opt in consents
- We will do our best to ensure your personal information is accurate and kept up-to-date. Please do contact us if you want to update your details
- We will never disclose your details unless required to do so legitimately by law. For example, a request from the ICO
- We will not send you marketing messages via cold calls, automated calls or fax
- We will contact you regarding regional and national events and UKHA news via post, email, text or calendar invitation.
- If you do not find our marketing communications of use or interest, you can easily choose to unsubscribe from our HTML emails at any time. Please note that taking this step will stop any information reaching you by email and that you will need to check the website and social media on a regular basis to stay informed about UKHA events
- If you wish to delete your record from our marketing list, simply send an email request firstname.lastname@example.org
The internet isn’t always an inherently safe environment, but we will always work to ensure that all reasonable technical and organisational measures are in place to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful loss, alteration, unauthorised use, disclosure or access. If there is a breach of the data we hold, which risks your rights or freedoms, we commit to reporting to the ICO and our contacts on the compromised lists within 72 hours of the breach.