Head Housekeeper The Waterside Inn
Are you a dedicated and a passionate individual who is striving to build your career in the hospitality industry.
The Waterside Inn is a legendary three Michelin star restaurant with a unique heritage and all in a sublime setting. For more than 40 years, diners have been flocking to the picturesque village of Bray simply to visit eat and stay at the Waterside Inn.
We are always looking for dedicated and passionate individuals who are striving to build their career in the hospitality industry.
In accordance with the requirements of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, you must be eligible to live and work full time in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from all potential employees as part of the recruitment process.
Job Title: Head Housekeeper
Purpose of the job: To lead, manage and supervise a team of 4-6 housekeeping staff to ensure The Waterside Inn team maintains an excellent standard within this department.
Responsibilities: To manage the housekeeping department efficiently.
- To prepare and maintain a team rota, to ensure the Housekeeping team is adequately staffed at all times
- To train and coach the team, to ensure that the highest standards of room cleanliness and presentation are maintained
- To allocate work load and to ensure the smooth day to day running of the Housekeeping team/function.
- To implement and maintain cleaning schedules and ensure they are adhered too.
- To instruct the Housekeeping team in their role and required duties/allocation.
- To be proactive in assisting your team members as required to maintain cost efficiency, and to ensure standards are maintained and meet deadlines
- To comply with the hotel's operational standards
- To make sure all cleaning and laundry consumables are ordered from current nominated suppliers, and to ensure that deliveries are checked against order forms
- To ensure stock takes are carried out in a timely fashion.
- To ensure the laundry is collected and changed on a regular basis and distributed correctly.
- To collate a maintenance list, which will be given to the General Manager & Facilities Manager to action quickly and efficiently.
- To ensure that all public areas are cleaned to the highest standard and are welcoming at all times
- To ensure the cleaning of all areas of the bedrooms are to the highest standards.
- To make sure room audits are performed and checked, and to ensure that bedrooms are fully stocked with all necessary amenities and consumables
- To co-operate with requests from the General Manager and hotel guests where ever possible.
- To recommend procedural, efficiency and profitability improvements to room cleaning without compromising standards
- To maintain strong working relationships with GM, Hotel Team, Housekeeping team and suppliers to ensure clear communication and implementation of best practice
- To identify ways to improve Guest Satisfaction
- To solve routine challenges that occur on the job
- To maintain a safe workplace by adhering to H&S Policy, hygiene standards, overseeing COSHH/Manual Handling training
- General Manager & Assistant Manager
- Owners & Head of Operations
- You must be highly organised and be able to demonstrate a proven track record of supervising and managing a team of housekeeping staff within a hotel environment
- You must possess excellent personal presentation and be highly customer focused with excellent communication skills both face to face and on the telephone.
- You must be an excellent team player whilst having first class attention to detail
- You must be self-driven and be able to work within a team and be able & willing to be 'hands-on' at all times
- You must have the ability to keep staff motivated during long and demanding shifts
- Customer Service
- Supervisory Skills
- Communication Skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Calm under pressure
All CV’s to be sent to Mr Roux’s secretary Mrs Roberta Dezi email@example.com
Salary to be discussed at interview stage.
The closing date will be 18.01.19.