Executive Head Housekeeper
Reporting to the Deputy General Manager, the role of Executive Head Housekeeper is to lead the Housekeeping and Laundry Team to maintain high standards throughout all our properties including Seel Street Hotel by Epic, Epic Apart Hotels & Serviced Apartments.
- Create, implement, deliver and drive the Housekeeping strategy in conjunction with the Deputy General Manager, Front of House Manager and other key stakeholders
- Set and agree departmental objectives and budgets in line with hotel objectives.
- Reviewing constantly with all direct report managers to ensure all operational tasks (including productivity and quality of cleanliness) are being dealt with efficiently and in a professional manner and that all work is undertaken in compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures.
- Managing, motivating & leading the housekeeping team which will include training, recruitment and creating the rota’s
- Working with the housekeeping team to set clear & achievable objectives for the various housekeeping teams
- Prepare, analyse and monitor departmental budgets whilst trying to create ways to reduce unnecessary costs
- Create and develop housekeeping procedure standards for all tasks and responsibilities which meet health, safety & security regulations
- Work closely with other HOD’s to make sure the companies mission & vision are aligned across the hotel
- To constantly strive to support senior management in furthering the success of the business as a whole.
- Oversee the running of our in-house Laundry operation, ensuring it meets all H&S requirements, is highly efficient and produces high quality linen.
- Conducting visual inspections of apartments and communal areas (including furniture, walls, floor coverings etc.) and recommending any required actions to Management.
- Monitoring turnover times to ensure timely and efficient changeovers with minimal downtime.
- Managing productivity of team.
- Liaising and building relationships with Management, Suppliers and Guests.
- Handling guest complaints.
This is a guideline of general tasks within the role and not an exhaustive list.
Skills and Experience Required
- A strategic outlook and the ability to lead their team
- Experience as an Executive Head Housekeeper at a 4* hotel is desirable but not essential.
- 2 years’ experience as Housekeeping Manager/Head Housekeeper is essential.
- Extremely high organisational skills
- Excellent cleaning skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Motivational attitude to make positive and constructive input to the team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- HR awareness and confidence to train others.
- Good knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft packages.
- Two previous employer references.
Hours of Work
Working 40 hours per week, 5 out of 7 days inc. weekends. Must be flexible and available to work any day of the week. Hours to be arranged on a weekly basis in conjunction with the needs of the business.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £23,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year
Housekeeping Management: 2 years (Required)
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside (Required)