Head Housekeeper Vacancy
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh Airport are currently recruiting for a Head Housekeeper to join their vibrant team.
The hotel is situated next to Edinburgh airport, just 20 minutes from the historic city centre and famous landmarks. Newly refurbished and very welcoming, this stylish and modern hotel is a top choice for business travellers and families that enjoy various amenities designed for a comfortable stay.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, positive, flexible and passionate Head Housekeeper to be part of their team. This position would suit someone who has a passion to work, is self-motivated and enjoys working with people in a busy vibrant Hotel.
The Head Housekeeper is responsible for supervising & inspecting designated guest rooms and/or public areas in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
As a Head Housekeeper you will;
- Be in charge of the smooth operation of all areas of the Housekeeping department.
- Inspect rooms, verify and report status and/or discrepancies of rooms and enter into property management system (as needed)
- Ensuring that the Hotel is cleaned & maintained to a high standard for guests
- To oversee the Public Area cleaners and ensure the team are performing their task lists correctly
- To report, record and communicate all maintenance and ensure all staff follow the same procedure
- To follow the Lost Property policy of the Hotel (Rooms & Public Area) and ensure all documentation is completed
- Checking bedrooms and ensuring that they are cleaned and given back to Reception on time and up to Hotel standard
- To oversee the in-house linen operation. Ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the team
- Liaise with Reception regarding each morning’s arrivals, departures, room moves and special requirements
- Liaise with other Departments regarding functions, usage of linen and cleaning of functions rooms
- To complete the daily paperwork in the morning and at the end of the shift, this includes the completed room sheets and room count lists
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to;
- Maintain good working relationships with colleagues throughout the hotel
- Attend training when required
- Constantly improve product knowledge to maximise revenue and the service provided.
- Be part of a team environment which promotes good employee morale and pride in the department and the hotel.
- Take a responsible approach towards timekeeping and attendance at work to ensure the department runs efficiently at all times, and to assist in the event of absence cover. Encourage the team to work in the same manner
- Have excellent personal presentation and adhere to the company standards of appearance at all times, and ensure the team have the same standards
- Maintain high levels of enthusiasm and commitment to every task undertaken
- Capable to deliver training and to coach in the areas needed as per departmental training plan
- Able to run energetic, informative briefings
- Strong visibility and presence within the department
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Friendly, approachable to guests as to staff
- Support management in order to fulfil hotel objectives
- Monitor employee’s performance and resolve conflicts
- Lead by example
- Supervise the team in such a manner that our guests receive an exceptional level of service and want to return
- Communicate with all team members by attending regular briefing sessions and hotel meetings when required
- Ensure employees are aware of liquor legislation
- Lead and motivate staff in order to encourage and obtain maximum commitment and encourage a flexible approach
Qualities of a Head Housekeeper;
- Ensure our guests receive an exceptional level of service and want to return and encourage a guest service attitude in staff
- Able to implement service procedures and follow them
- Anticipate guests’ needs and provide service to exceed their expectations
- Handle any guest issues/complaints/feedback and take appropriate follow up action
- Comply with brand, hotel and company operating standards
- Adhere to departmental Standards Operating Procedures
- Ensure routine maintenance is carried out in your areas of responsibility, reporting any damage, wear and tear
- Assist with on-going departmental cleaning, collect any litter, remove/report hazards
- Have all-round knowledge of the different shifts and responsibilities of all team members
- Understand the systems used for charging including delivering bills and producing end of shift reports
- Ability to evaluate situations and to change depending on situations
- Take on additional responsibilities within the department.
- Understand departmental risk assessments and be trained against them. Ensure the assessments are reviewed in the event of an accident occurring.
- Be fully aware of any loyalty programme and the benefits to its members
- Positively approach all sales opportunities in order to maximise hotel revenue to meet and exceed budgeted targets
- Participate in guest activities that promote the hotel product and its services
- Ensure all departmental staff are sales and standards focused
- Take a positive approach towards upselling and confidently promote the product in order to maximise hotel revenue to meet and exceed budgeted targets.
- Understand departmental forecasts and the importance of their contribution to the business success
- Monitor stock and assist the manager with stock control and ordering
- Be fully aware of the hotel facilities and promote them whenever possible, along with other hotels within the portfolio
- Remain sales focused at all times
- Ensure charges are accurately posted to guest accounts
- Ensure all work is carried out in a way that is cost efficient and understand the ways in which profit can be maximised
- Ensure staff follow cash handling and credit procedures and report any discrepancies immediately
- Record discrepancies and try to resolve them immediately
We offer a variety of employee benefits which includes:
- Reduced hotel room rates in Hilton hotels worldwide for staff as well as friends and family members
- Free meals and refreshments on duty
- Love2Shop retail discount membership, discounted cinema tickets, gym memberships and access to exclusive benefits and savings - providing great discounts from thousands of the UKs largest retailers & service providers from 1st day of employment
- Incremental holiday entitlement linked with length of service
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Healthcare and dental cash plan
- Employee assistance program with 24/7 counselling support available at no cost
- Employee referral scheme
- Various employee recognition schemes such as employee of the month with monetary incentives