HOTEL HOUSEKEEPING HONOURS (HHH)
Titled ‘The Triple ‘H Awards’ – The Hotel Housekeeping Honours – these awards are open to all sectors within housekeeping, back of house and hotel laundry, and both individuals and hotels can enter.
The HHH aim to recognise companies, individuals, services and products which stand out from the crowd, those bringing a new level of customer service and professionalism to the industry and helping it face the challenges of changing society and technology head-on.
You can enter for yourself (with the exception of those marked *) or nominate colleagues and we’re looking for those of the highest calibre to be put forward.
All nominations must be endorsed by a senior manager, and you must have been employed for at least six months.
The award categories are:
- Laundry Manager/Linen Keeper of the Year
- Housekeeping Supervisor of the Year
- Cleaning Technician of the Year
- Room Attendant of the Year Porter of the Year
- Housekeeping Team of the Year
- The HHH Green Award – for demonstrating ecological and environmental initiatives and innovation
- Trainee/apprentice of the year – third party nomination only*
- Unsung Hero – third party nomination only*
- Lifetime contribution – third party nomination only*
With a judging panel of six respected professionals casting a very careful eye over the initial entries, they will have a challenging task to identify the winning entries for each category.
The Judges are:
- Jack Fowler - the original publisher of Housekeeping Today
- Julie Hales - Head Housekeeper at the Best Western Premier Kegworth Hotel
- Jane Renton - General Manager at Althorn Enterprises
- Sean Wheeler - Director of People Development at Principal Hotels
- Alistair Sandall - Head of Professional Development at the Institute of Hospitality.
The final selection will take place prior to the presentation ceremony. All shortlisted candidates will be invited to the awards dinner where the winners will be announced and presented with their accolade and certificate. The first awards ceremony will be hosted by MEG Events and the venue and time is to be confirmed. It’s an evening event that starts with a drinks reception, followed by a three-course dinner and entertainment.
The Lifetime Contribution award, being the pinnacle of achievement, will recognise the dedication, commitment and support given to our sector over a period of at least 30 years.
Date: To be confirmed shortly
Venue: To be confirmed shortly