National Summer Ball 2018
- Date: 6th July 2018
- Region: National
- Meeting: Edinburgh, Scotland
In 2018 the Scottish Region of the UK Housekeepers Association has the honour of hosting the National Summer Ball at The Balmoral Hotel Edinburgh on Friday 6th July. The evening will encompass true Scottish hospitality through food, drink, live band and entertainment.
UKHA Scottish Region Presents the 2018 Summer Ball
Annual Summer Ball on Friday 6th July 2018 at The Balmoral Hotel, Edinburgh, in their The Sir Walter Scott Suite
DISCOUNTED Ticket price for Housekeepers and sponsored Housekeeper tickets: now only £80 per person!
Ticket price for Associate Members: £85 per person
DISCOUNTED Table price: now only £750 for a table of 10!
Bookings Close: 5pm Wednesday 4th July
- Scrabster smoked hake and prawn cocktail, pink grapefruit, malt bread
- Haggis, neeps and tatties, haggis bon bon, whisky jus
- Tweed Valley blade of beef, dauphinoise potato, thyme carrots, shallots & chestnut mushroom
- Balmoral cranachan with almond powder
- Coffee and tea served with homemade shortbread
- Wines: Pinot Grigio Il Casone Borgo Selene, Nero D’Avola/Nerello Mascalese, Sicily
The Scottish region will offer a "Ceud Mile Failte" (a hundred thousand welcomes) to friends new and old from across the UK. Housekeepers, local and national associate members will be attendance - along with invited guests to the event.
In order for this event to be as successful as previous events, we need to raise sponsorship to cover some of the costs to make it accessible to our Housekeepers. We are therefore asking for your assistance whether it be Raffle Prizes or if you could assist us by sponsoring all or part of the below.
- Pre Dinner Drinks
- Pre-Dinner canapés
- Wine Liqueurs
- Flowers/ table decorations
- Table Gifts Stationery
- Items for Goody Bags
- Raffle prizes
- Stationery and administration costs
This list is not exhaustive, however we welcome all amounts big or small and all sponsors will be acknowledged at the event, in a dedicated newsletter and via the UKHA website. If you are able to assist with any of the above, please contact either Jo Wilby – Scottish Chair – email@example.com or Derek Laing - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor your Housekeepers ticket and treat them to a fabulous evening
We are also encouraging all associate companies attending to sponsor a Housekeeper ticket (or two) - whether or not the Housekeeper is a UKHA member. The association is very grateful to those associate members who make it possible for Housekeepers to attend this very special social evening through sponsorship of their ticket.
Thank you to our event sponsors to date
Cleanbrands LLC (one £50 voucher per Housekeeper for a mattress encasement)
Goody Bag Sponsors
Global Amenities Direct
Gilchrist and Soames
Rufflets St Andrews
Royal Yacht Britannia
Glenskirlie House & Castle
- Rooms are available at the Balmoral - call 0131 554 2414 for current rates and availability
- There is an excellent group rate at the Waterloo Apex Hotel, which is 5 mins walk away. Apex Waterloo Place Hotel - Tel 0800 049 8000 or Email email@example.com
- Principal Edinburgh George Street - call 0131 554 2414 for current rates and availability
- Radisson Blu - call 0131 557 9797 for current rates and availability
Tel 0131 554 2414